- MSU at Naawan, now a member of the ASEAN FEN
- First Sea Cucumber R&D Center Museum in the Philippines located at MSU Naawan opens to public
- HM OJT students in Boracay, visited by MSUN officials
- Automatic Weather Station to be installed at MSU Naawan
- MSUN faculty researchers attend sea cucumber project meeting at Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Bicol Region universities visit MSU at Naawan for a collaboration on the Sea Cucumber project
- MSUN to collaborate with national institutions for SMIDERM project
- MSU at Naawan signs MOA with LGU Lugait for Tilapia Production demo project
- MSU at Naawan leads academic and exchange program project among universities in the Philippines and Turkey
- House of Representatives approves HB 2563
DOST Mis Or CEST Program to have collaboration with MSUN
by Giame Mercado-Solde | July 19, 2022
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST)- Misamis Oriental meets with Mindanao State University at Naawan to harness a collaboration between SUCs and the department in providing Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) interventions to Community Empowerment thru Science and Technology (CEST).
CEST is a package of S&T interventions which aims to build progressive, empowered, and resilient rural communities. The program is targeting to empower the poorest and most depressed communities in the country, via S&T interventions in health and nutrition, water and sanitation, basic education and literacy, livelihood/economic enterprise development, and disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.
Since the university, through its Extension Division, envisions to transform communities proactively through relevant trainings and interventions, the university is exhilarated to have successful collaborative projects under the CEST Program.
The meeting is being attended by the Chancellor herself, Dr. Elnor C. Roa; the Vice Chancellor for Research and Extension, Prof. Renoir A. Abrea; Director for Extension, Assoc. Prof. Mariefe B. Quiñones; Director for Research, Dr. Ruby C. Gonzales; Dean of the College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Environmental Sciences, Dr. Sonnie A. Vedra; Dr. Asst. Prof. Annabelle D. Espadero; CAFES R&E Coordinator, Asst. Prof Edgar D. Castañares; Mr. Mark Anthony P. Castillano, Provincial S&T Director of DOST Mis Or, Engr. Junelyn-Louvena B. Ruiz; Science Research Specialist, Dr. Meriam B. Mondia; and CEST Project Assistant, Mr. Ronin Z. Java. view gallery