- Project 2 of the NICER Program on Sea Cucumber bags Best Paper Award
- MSU at Naawan to assist DA BFAR 10 in the conduct of a feasibility study
- MOU signing for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology project
- MSU at Naawan, now a member of the ASEAN FEN
- First Sea Cucumber R&D Center Museum in the Philippines located at MSU Naawan opens to public
- HM OJT students in Boracay, visited by MSUN officials
- Automatic Weather Station to be installed at MSU Naawan
- MSUN faculty researchers attend sea cucumber project meeting at Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Bicol Region universities visit MSU at Naawan for a collaboration on the Sea Cucumber project
- MSUN to collaborate with national institutions for SMIDERM project
Project 2 of the NICER Program on Sea Cucumber bags Best Paper Award
by Giame Mercado-Solde | December 07, 2022
The 54th Annual Convention of the Federation of Institution for Marine and Freshwater Sciences (FIMFS), hosted by Pangasinan State University and Camiguin Polytechnic State College was held via Zoom last December 6 and 7, 2022.
In this year’s convention, the paper “Genetic Diversity and Population Differentiation of the White Teatfish Holothuria fuscogilva Cherbonnier, 1980 based on mtDNA COI Gene” was presented by Dr. Nonillon M. Aspe and got the Best Paper Award.
The paper was written by the members of the Project 2 of the NICER Program on Sea Cucumber entitled Ecology, Biology, and Genetic Diversity of the White Teatfish Holothuria fuscogilva (Cherbonnier 1980) in Mindanao: Nonillon M. Aspe, Christian Jay R. Nob, Venus E. Leopardas, Mariefe B. Quiñones, Dan M. Arriesgado, Sitti Zayda B. Halun, Sandra M. Moscoso, Oliver R.T. Paderanga, Harry Kenn T. Dela Rosa, Kevin G. Natingga, Abner C. Evasco, Jackie Lou G. Empron, and Wilfredo H. Uy.