- MSU at Naawan, now a member of the ASEAN FEN
- First Sea Cucumber R&D Center Museum in the Philippines located at MSU Naawan opens to public
- HM OJT students in Boracay, visited by MSUN officials
- Automatic Weather Station to be installed at MSU Naawan
- MSUN faculty researchers attend sea cucumber project meeting at Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Bicol Region universities visit MSU at Naawan for a collaboration on the Sea Cucumber project
- MSUN to collaborate with national institutions for SMIDERM project
- MSU at Naawan signs MOA with LGU Lugait for Tilapia Production demo project
- MSU at Naawan leads academic and exchange program project among universities in the Philippines and Turkey
- House of Representatives approves HB 2563
Bicol Region universities visit MSU at Naawan for a collaboration on the Sea Cucumber project
by Giame Mercado-Solde | October 17, 2022
The NICER for Sea Cucumber Program of Mindanao State University at Naawan, a program funded by DOST S4CP and monitored by DOST PCAARRD, successfully reached its end term on June 30, 2022. Throughout its 3 year period, it has gained accolades, and piqued the interest of many agencies.
One the agencies that expressed their interest to the project is the AKO BICOL Party List, a movement headed by Cong. Zaldy Co for the promotion of the welfare and interest of the Bicol Region and its people.
Through AKO BICOL Party List, various institutions in the Bicol Region, particularly the Central Bicol State University of Agriculture (CBSUA), Bicol University (BU), Partido State University (ParSU) will be collaborating with MSU at Naawan for the Sea Cucumber Program.
On October 13 to 17, Mindanao State University at Naawan welcomed the mentioned institutions to share and to teach them the technology and techniques behind the sea cucumber production and grow out in support of the university’s thrust of becoming a university for the community.
Throughout their visit, the representatives of each institution made a courtesy meeting with the MSU System officials at MSU Marawi, had a workshop on Partnership Agreement, and discussed on how MSU at Naawan’s Sea Cucumber Program will be adapted in the Bicol Region.
The highlight of the visit is the crafting of the Memorandum of Understanding to be forged by all the agencies involved to establish a basis of cooperation and collaboration in the areas of research, program exchange, academic exchange, participation to national and international conferences, research publication opportunities, sharing/dissemination of technologies, and providing of expertise in Meliponiculture, Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Fisheries, Forestry, Animal Science, Agricultural Technology and Mechanization, Education, Taro Production, and others that may be covered by the expertise of all parties involved. view gallery