- MSU at Naawan, now a member of the ASEAN FEN
- First Sea Cucumber R&D Center Museum in the Philippines located at MSU Naawan opens to public
- HM OJT students in Boracay, visited by MSUN officials
- Automatic Weather Station to be installed at MSU Naawan
- MSUN faculty researchers attend sea cucumber project meeting at Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Bicol Region universities visit MSU at Naawan for a collaboration on the Sea Cucumber project
- MSUN to collaborate with national institutions for SMIDERM project
- MSU at Naawan signs MOA with LGU Lugait for Tilapia Production demo project
- MSU at Naawan leads academic and exchange program project among universities in the Philippines and Turkey
- House of Representatives approves HB 2563
MSU at Naawan signs MOA with LGU Lugait for Tilapia Production demo project
by Giame Mercado-Solde | October 03, 2022
Mindanao State University at Naawan, through its Extension Division will implement the project titled, “Tilapia Production: Responding to COVID19 Challenges for AANR Sector- A NOMCARRD Initiative".
With the project, 5 municipalities in Misamis Oriental through the Local Government Unit will take part as partner-beneficiaries.
Among the 5 municipalities, the municipality of Lugait will be one of the partner beneficiaries.
On October 3, 2022, MSU at Naawan headed by Chancellor Dr. Elnor C. Roa and LGU Lugait headed by Hon. Mayor Wellie G. Lim forged a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) to undertake jointly the Tilapia Production Demonstration Project.
The Tilapia Production Demonstration Project will capacitate a Farmers Association in the municipality with the know hows of Tilapia Production. Specifically, the university will:
1) provide the technical assistance during the site selection and pond preparation;
2) provide the production inputs (tilapia fingerlings and feeds) for the first production run;
3) provide Sakolin pond incase earthen pond is not available in the project site;
4) supervise the operation of the demonstration farm;
5) collaborate in the capacity development training of the recipients; such as pond preparation, management and maintenance and other related capacity building trainings and seminars; and
6) monitor and evaluate the progress of the tilapia farming in their area with the MAO personnel. view gallery