- MSU at Naawan leads academic and exchange program project among universities in the Philippines and Turkey
- House of Representatives approves HB 2563
- MSU at Naawan hosts system wide curriculum revisions for Fisheries and Marine Biology programs
- Inception meeting for the NanoCORE Lab of MSU at Naawan, first IDP project of DOST PCIEERD
- MSUN signs MOA with IPB University
- MSU at Naawan officials visit UMT Malaysia
- New (NRCP) Associate Members of Mindanao State University at Naawan
- MSU at Naawan signs partnership agreement with SAMDHANA Institute and BothENDS
- IPDM Director attends Mindanao Peace Education Conference
- DOST X held Science and Technoly caravan at MSUN TSAC
IPDM Director attends Mindanao Peace Education Conference
by Giame Mercado-Solde | August 12, 2022
The Institute for Peace and Development in Mindanao (IPDM) Director of Mindanao State University at Naawan, Assoc. Prof. Desheree Judena Preciado, and the Secretary to the Office of Gender and Development, Mr. Pat Ray N. Dagapioso, attended the Mindanao Peace Education Conference 2022 at the Greenleaf Hotel Gensan, General Snatos City on August 7-10, 2022.
With distinguished speakers like CHED Chairperson Prospero de Vera and Faculty Regent Prof. Mario J. Aguja, who is also the Project Leader of CHED-IDIG Peace Project Team, the conference brought all the Institute for Peace and Development in Mindanao (IPDM) in General Santos to plan for the activities of all IPDMs in the MSU System. This includes the August 25, System wide Day of Peace and a planned signing of Memorandum of Understanding with the United Nations Development Program and the MSU System this September.
The conference was attended by 100 peace advocates, researchers, and practitioners across Mindanao to exchange knowledge and network for the cause of Peace Education.
In accordance to its goal to have plenary discussions on the critical role of Peace Education specifically on peace education strategies and structures, peace education assessment strategies, partnerships and collaborations in peace education, human rights education, environmental education, and education for sustainable development, the 4-day conference was concluded successfully. view gallery