- MSU Naawan participates in the 1st Quarter Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
- Election of Dr. Elnor C. Roa as Chancellor of Mindanao State University at Naawan
- COMMENCEMENT ADDRESS OF EMERITUS PROFESSOR EDGARDO D. GOMEZ, NATIONAL SCIENTIST, FOR THE 2018 GRADUATES OF THE MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY AT NAAWAN
- [email protected] lauds Erasmus+ Project : Strategic IP Management for Effective R & I in Asian Higher Education/SPIRE
- Building Resilience and Poverty Alleviation through Tilapia-Based Skills and Livelihood Development in Northern Mindanao
- MSUN Organizes Gender Sensitivity Training
- Ahead the Year End of 2017, MSUN Performs Incredibly in Research, Development & Extension
- MSUN garnered two top awards during the 49th Federation of Institution for Marine and Freshwater Sciences (FIMFS)
- MSUN manifested its quality of service as hub for knowledge, skills and technology transfer in Mindanao
MSUN Organizes Gender Sensitivity Training
by Blessa Kay F. Caballero, Ph.D. | February 02, 2018
On January 17-19, 2018, Mindanao State University at Naawan organized a three-day Gender-Sensitivity Training at the MSUN-IFRD Conference Room. The said training was participated by the Gender and Development-Focal Point System (GAD-FPS) and heads of all Campus Units. Dr. Nimfa L. Bracamonte, Mr. Rashid Bangcolongan, Al Haj, and Mr. Jose Dennis Mancia from the Philippine Commission on Women served as Resource Speakers who talked about GAD History, Issues, Legal Mandate, Planning and Budgeting, and the use of the Gender Mainstreaming Evaluation Framework (GMEF) Tool.
The said activity raised the level of consciousness among participants as to the importance of GAD. Not only were the discussions filled with thought-provoking facts and information but also the way the speakers packaged their message was also very powerful and interesting. They had activities that were fun and memorable. Participants were asked to play roles that depict certain GAD issues.
With the active leadership of Dr. Proserpina G. Roxas (MSUN Chancellor) and Prof. Aida G. Perpetua (Chairperson GAD Focal Point System), the Gender Sensitivity Training ended successfully, producing the GAD Plan and Budget (GPB). Gender issues were identified as well as the cause of these problems, and offered possible solutions to these problems.
The participants were grouped into different areas and each area was reported by the following:
|Health||Dr. Deanna Pauleen Valdez|
|Infrastructure||Engr. Danilo Rubio|
|Education||Ms. Ana Lee Vequizo|
|Agriculture||Mr. Jerico Consolacion|
|ICT||Mr. Rafael Vicente|
|DRRM||Ms. Columba Dadole|
|Fisheries||Prof. Dan Arriesgado|
|Project Implementation||Prof. Aida Perpetua|
The above areas or groups cover a broad spectrum of themes but as a University, MSUN looks forward to the vision of being a gender-sensitive campus. As Dr. Proserpina G. Roxas puts it: “We will really implement what we put in the plan.” view gallery